MCS provides GROW (General Relief Opportunities for Work) services to Los Angeles residents under contract to Los Angeles County. The GROW program consists of a short Orientation and Motivation workshop as well as an intensive, 3 week Job Readiness Training component. Employees of MCS in the GROW program are expected to be courteous, professional, compassionate, respectful of customers from diverse ethnic and social backgrounds and to support the County of Los Angeles Vision: To improve the quality of life in the County by providing responsive, efficient, and high quality public services that promote the self-sufficiency, well being and prosperity of individuals, families, business and communities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- During Orientation Motivation, Facilitator introduces Holland’s Code Interest party; Participants identify three primary interest areas.
- Provide all participants a “Participant’s Interest” to complete and deliver to GROW case manager immediately following the end of the Orientation Motivation.
- Interview, screen and enroll all interested participants.
- Schedule participants for activities and workshops that are tailored to their individual needs.
- Participate as an active member of the Employment Development team in collaboration with DPSS GROW staff and case managers.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of GROW program requirements, regulations, curriculum and directives issued by Los Angeles County.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Essential Job Requirements
- Accurate and timely record keeping of participant files. Maintain all written documents in participant’s files. Confidentiality of records is of high importance.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent working knowledge of GROW or similar programs
- An A.A. Degree from an accredited college combined with at least one year of work experience in providing employment and training services OR High School graduate combined with at least two years work experience in providing employment and training services.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Car, valid Driver’s License and insurance
- Professional attitude, ability to maintain a friendly business environment and serve as a model to GROW participants.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Strong personal mission to achieve excellence and develop positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
- “Can Do” Attitude, willing and able to “Go that Extra Mile” to help people achieve success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
APPLY IN PERSON
THURSDAY OCTOBER 24th and 31st, 2013 10AM – 3PM
SAN GABRIEL VALLEY WORKFORCE SERVICES
933 S. GLENDORA AVE. WEST COVINA, CA 91790